We offer our produce items at wholesale pricing to local restaurants, catering halls, and other local establishments. Pricing varies depending on the quantity, item, size, and special requests or custom requirements. As a guide, wholesale prices are approximately 50% off the retail prices listed in the shop.
Why buying wholesale from a smaller local farm is better?
- Farmoponics grows lettuce, leafy greens, mustard greens, microgreens, herbs, and specialty items with a state-of-the-art computer controlled hydroponic system in an indoor Controlled Environment 24/7/365 regardless of seasons, weather, or climate resulting in fewer cost fluctuations to the buyer.
- It is easier for smaller indoor farms to keep out bugs and critters. No bugs and critters mean no chemical pesticides.
- It’s easier to control the indoor climate. Better climate control means we don’t need to use fungicides or herbicides.
- All of the nutrients we use to feed our plants are natural and most are organic. However, we do not yet have organic certification from the USDA. Realistically, we don’t believe organic is worth it. Organic vs. hydroponics is a science vs religion battle that continues and perhaps for some vegetables organic is the way to go, but when it comes to lettuce and leafy greens the science is in, Hydroponically grown lettuce, microgreens, and leafy greens are safer, healthier and the agricultural practices are better for the environment.
- Our Hydroponic plants are grown in nutrient solutions indoors, completely free from chemicals and pesticides, herbicides and fungicides making them much safer. Lettuce and leafy green plants grown in Hydroponics have better nutritional value. It has been proven that vitamin content is 50% more in hydroponically grown plants as compared to conventional or organic ones.
- Almost all our seeds are organic certified and we never use GMO seeds.
- We can grow custom items. Large bigger indoor CEA and big agricultural grow companies will usually grow what is popular and sells. We can grow you whatever you want. We can make your items greener, larger, smaller, and sweeter regardless of season or climate. You won’t get that from big Ag unless you order a very, very large quantity.
- Local means we can deliver more often so your items will be as fresh as possible. It also means you don’t need to store as much in your fridge. We can make additional deliveries when you’re running low because we are right here in town.
Call 732.300.1234 or email us for more information: